(and have learned to be okay with it!)
You guys, things have been really quiet here on FBB. Part of it has been having a packed schedule. Part of it has been the general state of the world getting me down. However, if I’m being honest, the biggest reason is that I am a terrible homemaker. Here are 5 reasons why:
- I have a toddler living with me. Flora is a beautiful, intelligent, incredible tiny lady. Tidy she is not. I know, all of the other parents out there are shocked.
- I now commute 45 minutes each way to and from work. I’m also a part time student. I have to budget my time. Sometimes that means not picking up the toys in the den or folding laundry. Sorry not sorry.
- I have re-committed to my physical fitness. Y’all, I don’t think that I’m by any means in need of weight loss but it is really embarrassing when you can’t even bench press an empty bar. I try to hit the gym 3-5 days a week for at least an hour after work. (There’s an instagram about it too!) See above: budgeting time.
- There is a man in my house. I’m not saying that all men are messy. I’m just saying that some of them are used to someone else doing the bulk of the cleaning and never having to put anything away themselves.
- I had to cut myself some slack. Maybe homes where actual humans live aren’t meant to always be “company ready.” I have had to learn to be okay with that. I now aim for hygenic and comfortable.
I know I’ve been quiet lately but I really do plan on being back here more regularly. Maybe once a week instead of once a month. Aim high! Right? 😉
As always, with love,